704 SR 60 E
Lake Wales Florida 33853
About our Lake Wales location
Dear Valued Patient,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. Governor DeSantis has allowed many normal activities to resume. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection-control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection-control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection-control recommendations made by the Florida Department of Health (FOH), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection-control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Face masks are required to be worn into the building. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
- Walk-in service for clean and checks will now be transitioning to curbside service. We ask that you call (863) 594-1671 to schedule a time to have your devices serviced.
- Telehealth appointments are available for adjustments of some devices. Please contact us at (863) 594-1671 if you are interested in a telehealth adjustment.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s books, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you — and every patient — safe in our practice. Be sure to follow us on Facebook to stay current with the latest on our hours and any practice changes. To make an appointment, please call our office at (863) 594-1671.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Barlow, Dr. Moir, and Team